Waikato Diocesan School has a fine reputation for its excellence in sport. A wide range of individual and team sports allows every student to find an activity she enjoys and to be physically fit. We cater for all students regardless of age, ability or aptitude. In fact, on most weekends throughout the year, Waikato Diocesan has a 76 percent participation rate in team sport compared with the 2020 national average of 46 percent.
- We have around a range of sports codes available from netball, hockey, football, lacrosse and basketball to rowing, equestrian, cycling, tennis, cricket and water polo.
- Top facilities (including a school fitness centre) and expert teachers and coaches help our students to discover their interests and nurture their talents across all levels.
- Many of our students have gone on to represent their city, region and country in their chosen sporting codes.
What Our Former Students Say
Waikato Diocesan Sports Department
To achieve excellence in sport and physical activities within a caring and rewarding atmosphere at all levels.
Preparing confident, resourceful and resilient young women to lead healthier and active lifestyles.
- To identify, develop and support gifted, talented and elite sportswomen at WDSG.
- To develop among all students a passion to participate in and give their best in sport at WDSG.
- In striving for excellence in the sporting arena, we will not only aim to produce athletes of the highest quality, but aim to develop other qualities in our sportswomen such as courage, empathy, integrity, tolerance and respect.
- To strategically develop a sporting plan in order to successfully compete and ultimately win Waikato, North Island and NZ titles.
Sports Registration at Waikato Diocesan
We use Enrolmy to help make registrations quick and simple, so registering for a sport is only a few clicks away.
To browse the many sports on offer have a read through our Co-Curricular Guide below or to register for a code, simply click on the link below to our sports sign-up website, select the sport and away you go. If you are registering for multiple sports, please complete one sports registration at a time.
Who can be a member?
Individual membership is open to all current Waikato Diocesan students and staff
How do I become a member?
Any students or staff wanting to use the Fitness Centre as an individual during opening hours will need to become a DioFit member. Becoming a member involves completing the Enrolmy application form, the cost of the DioFit membership being charged to your account and the completion of an induction session.
How much does a Dio Fit Membership cost?
- Term 3 and 4 Pass: $90.00
- Price Per Term: $47.50
Dio Fit Rules
- All members need to sign in and out.
- All members need to have a sweat towel with them to enter the gym (DioFit towel free with membership).
- All new members are required to attend an induction session with the DioFit Instructor.
- All members must wear appropriate footwear at all times.
- Monday: 6.30-8.00am & 3.30-6.00pm
- Tuesday: 6.30-8.00am & 3.30-6.00pm
- Wednesday: 6.30-8.00am & 2.30-6.00pm
- Thursday: 6.30-8.00am & 3.30-6.00pm
- Friday: 6.30-8.00am & 3.30-5.00pm
To sign-up to Dio Fit please click on the link to the EnrolMy site