We welcome your application to study at Waikato Diocesan School for Girls.
Applications for Year 9 students close at 5.00pm on the last day of April each year. Interviews are conducted and places confirmed by the end of Term Two.
Applications are categorised into preference and non-preference applicants.
Students will be selected in accordance with the Private Schools’ Conditional Integration Act 1975 and the preference clause in the Integration Agreement.
All applications for admission for both boarding and daygirl places will be considered as follows:First Priority
- A girl who is a baptised Anglican and is active in an Anglican Parish.
(A letter of support from the parish priest and baptism certificate must be included with the application for the girl to be considered for this priority.)
- A girl who is actively involved in an Anglican Parish.
(A letter of support from the parish priest must be included with the application for the girl to be considered for this priority.)
- A girl who is a baptised Anglican.
(Her Baptism Certificate must be included with the application for the girl to be considered for this priority.)
- Sister of a current or past student.
- Daughter/ granddaughter of an old girl.
- Daughter of current staff, Proprietors’ or Board of Trustee member.
- A girl who is actively involved in one of the other member churches of the Uniting Churches of Aotearoa New Zealand
- The Christian Church New Zealand
- The Congregational Union of New Zealand
- The Methodist Church of New Zealand – Te Hahi Weteriana O Aotearoa
- The Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand
- (A letter of support from the minister must be included with the application for the girl to be considered for this priority)
- A girl who is actively involved in a Christian Church.
(A letter of support from the minister/priest must be included with the application for the girl to be considered for this priority)
- Non-preference students will be enrolled only if enrolment places remain after all preference applicants have been enrolled. The maximum number of places available for non-preference students will be governed by the maximum allowable under the Waikato Diocesan Integration Agreement.
In this grouping, priority will be given in the following order:
- Non-preference boarders
- Sisters of current non-preference students
- Non-preference students from Anglican feeder schools
- Sisters/daughters/granddaughters of non-preference students
- Other non-preference applicants.
Applications to study in other year groups are considered on a case-by-case basis and acceptances are dependent on spaces available.
* Waikato Diocesan does not operate a waiting list for enrolments. You are encouraged to make an application at the end of the Year 7 year.
To apply, please follow the steps below:
Complete the Online Application Form
Year 9 applications must be received no later than 5.00 pm on the last day of April of the year proceeding.
If you have any questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Form has been received
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged in writing.
Those applying for the Year 9 intake the following year may be contacted for an interview in Term 2 of the year before enrolment. Not every applicant will be interviewed, depending on the number of applications received for that year.
Applicants for years other than Year 9 will be contacted once a vacancy opens.
Notification of a Place
Applicants are formally offered a place in writing.
Phone: +64-7-981 5565
Please contact the Admissions Office to discuss study opportunities at Waikato Diocesan School for Girls.