The Dio Difference is in the results
“You don’t get results by focusing on results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce results” - Mike Hawkins
1. We consistently achieve significantly higher than the national average across all levels in
2. We consistently achieve higher than decile 10 schools across all levels in NCEA results.
3. The number of students gaining levels 1,2 and 3 NCEA are significantly greater than the
national average and other decile 10 schools.
4. The number of University Entrance is significantly higher than the national average.
5. The number of University Entrance is significantly higher than the Decile 10 national average.
6. There are many things that are working well at Dio and bringing us our success:
• Great teaching and learning and an excellent academic culture
• Effective student tracking and pastoral systems (aiming to get every student over the line)
• A successful Bring Your Own Device programme.
THE DIO DIFFERENCE IS IN THE RESULTS
In 2021, we again had highly impressive NCEA results with 98.4% of our Year 11 students gaining their NCEA Level 1 certificate and 90.3% of these students gained either a Merit or Excellence endorsement.
At NCEA Level 2, 99.1% of our Year 12 students achieved this qualification with 74.1% gaining either a Merit or Excellence endorsement.
At NCEA Level 3, 93% of our Year 13 students gained this certificate and 93.0% of these students also achieved
University Entrance – 75.7% of these students gained a merit endorsement and 22.8% at Excellence.
One hundred percent of our students gained literacy across all year groups and 100% gained Numeracy in Levels 2 and 3 and 99.2% in Level 1.
Scholarship Recipients 2022
NCEA Scholarship assessments enable candidates to be assessed against challenging standards and are demanding for the most able candidates in each subject.
Dio gained 16 scholarships in 2021. Of special mention are our two Outstanding Scholarship recipients, Bahaar Mahal and Emily Makinson (Year 12), and our other Year 12 student, Alice Ankersmit.
Congratulations to the following students and their subject mentors on their remarkable achievements.
• Alice Ankersmit – English and
Biology (Year 12)
• Grace Chun – Biology
• Paige Coleman – Design and Visual
• Ohnbee Han – Biology
• Jamie Hayvice – Statistics
• Sophia Kilgour – Classical Studies
and Religious Studies
• Amelia Le Comte – History and
• Nicci Lee – Economics and
• Alyssa McDonald – Geography
• Kaia McHardie – Design and Visual
• Bahaar Mahal – Biology –
Outstanding (Year 12)
• Emily Makinson – Design
and Visual Communication –
Outstanding (Year 12).
The last two years have been challenging and we do not underestimate the efforts these
students put in to achieve excellence in their subject areas.
Ka nui te mihi ki a koutou.
Congratulations to you all.